I have a friend who recently told me that he didn't understand blogging, he asked why I couldn't just keep my experiences private. So this is my list of the top five reasons I keep this blog.
1. I needed somebodies view of the North before I picked up my entire life to relocate. I was looking for the smallest piece of mind. I want to be that for someone else.
2. I wish I knew the details of the adventures my grandparents embarked on in their youth. As long as nothing happens to the Internet, my grandchildren will have my adventures at their finger tips in case they are ever interested.
3. My blog keeps my family and friends up to date on my life.
4. A woman named Erica from Tim Hortons head office once told me about her trip through Europe. She also told me about her regret in not writing down her experiences. She gave me advice, similar to the advice everyone else gives me. She said, 'Enjoy it while your living it.' I am taking both her regret and her advice and spinning them into something I will appreciate for the rest of my life. My blog helps me with that.
5. I have been found by incredible people who have contacted me after coming across the things I write.
Secretly, I also write for that friend, hoping that he cares enough to be interested in the words I write on the blog he doesn't really understand.